- Entrepreneur with a track record of goal delivery, with strong results and shareholder returns, with hands on mentality.
- A collaborative leader and creative thinker and self-starter with digital, ecommerce, change management, project delivery and international experience.
- Digitally competent. Leading brand development and growth programmes across diverse sectors from start-up companies to managing and establishing global brands.
- 2010 – 2013 General Manager (MD) Chevrolet Ireland: During economic collapse, merged, managed change programme and rebuilt company, re-established brand value and sold company, delivered substantial shareholder value.
- 2010-20 Commercial & Marketing Leinster Rugby: Develop Brand reposition and CSR programmes. Wrote, introduced and in the process of implementing both for Leinster Rugby.
- 2007 Director Operations: Sales, Marketing & Brand growth €61.5m net profit at €5.1m
- 2006 Director Operations: Delivered Marketing and Sales Growth strategy to achieve €57.6m increase net profit, €4m to €4.5m.
- 2006 Director Operations: Lead the introduction global brand. Increased sales by 66% from €34.6m to €57.6m Doubled market share 0.8% – 1.8%.
- 2001 VP Sales: Inspired Gaming & Mobile Technology Group. Reverse buyout of Leisure Link in 2002 prior to AIM float. 300% return on investment.
- 1999 VP Operations: eCommerce company from 4 to 235 staff, captured 28% of the market, sold 50% at a valuation of €25.6m. (£20m) June 1999
- 2011 Triple winning coach and manager St Mary’s College
- Executive MBA Trinity College Dublin 2014
- Strategic Marketing & Quantitative Analyses
- International Marketing & Strategic Management
- Entrepreneurship & Operations Strategy
- Economics, Corporate & Financial Management
- Accounting & International Business & Finance
- Leadership & Organisational Behavior
- University College Dublin. 2012. Chinese. (Conversational fluency level 4).
- Marketing Institute Mountjoy Square 1992 Marketing course.
- DIT Bolton Street 1991Auto Engineering: Advance Technicians: C & G:
Professional Progression Detailed Consulting Role: General Manager: Chevssan Ireland, Feb 2010 – Sept 2013
- Achieved stakeholder’s objectives and goals within timeline / budget to satisfaction of all.
- Grew sales by 31.5% in 2010 and by a further 17.5% for 2011, against a market growth of 17% for 2010 and 2% for 2011.
- Digital campaigns created measurable increase in brand awareness and value.
- Built and maintained strong business partnerships within dealer network.
Key Responsibilities: Re-build and merge company after an eighty percent redundancy programme.
- Qualify mission, vision and refine brand culture internal and external positioning.
- Implement change management programme (12 staff and 32 partnerships) merged into 52 staff.
- Grow sales & market share; Retain Dealer Network; Build a sustainable business model.
- Formulate the financial plan, annual budgets, business plan and marketing plan, with full ownership of the P&L.
- Strategic planning balancing finance with prioritised milestones. Maintain Brand Standards.
- Develop and implement the brand, sales, marketing, digital, advertising and pricing strategy in line with prioritised performance milestones. Qualify measurements and meet objectives.
- Design and implement digital strategy. Facebook & Twitter integrated web activities.
- Define segmented product specification and pricing strategy.
- Design and implement performance & incentive programme relative to geographical market share.
- Maintain national brand and dealer network & control conferences and support programmes.
Operations & Commercial Director: Chevrolet Ireland July 2004 – Jan 2010
- Introduction and project management of Global brand into the Irish market 2004.
- Implementation of product re-position and marketing plan.
- Outperformed market. Sales increases by 55%. (2004-2005)
- Maintained or increased net profit through cost reduction and digital marketing programmes.
- Implemented and project managed CRM, CSI and GM standards.
- Substantially improved quality and size of network. (Hire & fired)
- Planning and directing all elements of Operations, Sales and Marketing Strategy for brand introduction. Setting and controlling budgets,
- Formalise Product specification, price structure and incentive programmes.
- Develop national dealer network, performance management and sales team’s revenue growth.
VP Operations; Vitaleon Ltd, (Co-Founder Social Media Company) UK July 2002 – June 2004
Key Responsibilities: London Based Start Up Social Media (The thinking person’s version of Facebook)
- Inspired development of white-label Social Media applications around a “Life Style” model.
- Project managed design and build of white label application to fit client requirements.
- Created a Life Style analytics profiling model.
- Built client portfolio including, Dennis Publishing, EMAP and Max Power.
- Lead fund raising with Angel funds and VC’s
- Completed merger with Data App USA, in 2004 I returned to Ireland.
Sales & Marketing Director. Inspired Technology Ltd, (Co-Founder) UK Feb 2001 – July 2002
Successes: Took exit in merger with Leisure Link in 2002. Floated on AIM 2004.
- London Based Mobile apps and gaming company.
- Creators of “The Cloud” Wi-Fi. Europe’s largest Wi-Fi Network.
- Developed mobile games and mobile marketing projects for high profile clients.
- Company grew from 4 to 175 by 2002.
VP Business Development Ebeon: (Co-Founder), May 1994 – Dec 2000:
Successes: Sold to Eircom (May 1999) – at a Valuation of €25.6m (£20m).
- Ecommerce company, specialising web-enabling enterprise level systems. Developed B2C and B2B fully interactive, transactional and marketing sites.
- Grew from 4 to 235 staff competing against IBM, Accenture and Oracle took 28% of ecommerce market. First Online Banking site for Fsharp.com Bank of Ireland. First Web enablement of Land Registry and Companies Office. Personally closed 60% of the ecommerce business.
- 1990 – 1994 General Motors: Area Service Manager (1992), then Area Sales Manager (1994).
- Commercial and Marketing Committee Leinster Rugby.
- Established Members Business Network St Mary’s College RFC.
- Reading, Music, Art and Painting.
- Chinese’s language.Software Competence:
- SPSS (Predictive Analytics, Business Intelligence)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Kerridge CRM
- Adobe Photoshop
Social Media Competence:
- Facebook Analytics
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Tools
Other Experience & Achievements
Leinster Rugby: Marketing and Commercial Advisor 2010 – Current Advisory Role
Successes: Wrote and Implementing Corporate and Social Responsibility Strategy guidelines.
- Develop, review Brand positioning and assist strategic planning process.
- Designed and Implementing CSR programme for Leinster Rugby
- Advising on multi-media digital and social media programmes.
- Advise on sponsorship commercial strategy.
- Development of player and volunteer recruitment programmes for Junior Rugby
- Running Leinster wide “Open Day” Programme
- Painting, music and photography.
- Triple Winners In One Season: Coach and manager St Mary’s College RFC, J1’s 2007- 2011.
- Level 1 Accredited Rugby coach.
- References available on request.